When you are in the process of designing your website, it is easy to put too much information on the home or other pages of the site. Simple web design is important so your visitors do not get overwhelmed or distracted from the main goal of your site. Here are a few points to consider when building or redesigning a website:
- Simple web design makes for a better User Experience (UX)
- Clutter is not attractive to the human eye - use white space
- Give visitors enough information to entice them to “click” / to “buy” / to “act” / to “read more” - keeping the user on task.
- Content is important for visitors and search engines, BUT you don't have to clutter the home page of your site with too much text. Create links to more information about a topic.
- Visitors will dig in (click) to read more about products and services if your site is appealing.
- The Power of 3 - come up with 3 value propositions such as a service, feature or innovation that will be attractive to customers and important to your organization or business. Highlight these 3 value props throughout your site.
- Well designed navigation allow visitors to rapidly access products, services and information about your company - making it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for.
Need help working these simple design concepts into your next website build or redesign? Just give us a call to discuss how WebHornet can help!